Event is FINISHED
Changi WWII™ Coach Tour
Once the site of many prisoner-of-war camps during the Japanese Occupation, Changi has since gone down in history as a place of much pain, torture and human suffering. It is said that more Australian PoWs perished under incarceration than in battle itself. Whether it is on the Death Railway or the countless labour camps in Japan and Formosa (Taiwan), the Changi WWII trail commemorates the fight of brave men and women during battle and in internment. Hear their story.
- Enjoy a fully-guided visit to the Changi Museum and Changi Chapel (Ranked No. 3 museum in Singapore by Tripadvisor)
- Walk on Changi Beach, site of the Sook Ching Massacre
- Drive through Changi Village and learn of its colourful pre-war and wartime history
- Explore Johore Battery, with its replica WWII 15-inch gun battery
- Brief stops outside the old Changi Jail and Selarang Barracks, both of which served as PoW internment camps during the Japanese Occupation
ABOUT CHANGI MUSEUM:
In honouring the spirit and commitment of those who rose from the depths of adversity, the Museum inspires future generations to come and deepen their appreciation of the heroic and inspirational stories that unfolded in Changi during the war. The Changi Museum is dedicated to all those who lived and died in Singapore, in particular the Changi area, during the dark years of World War II.
Through documentation of significant events of the Japanese Occupation, the Museum also serves as an important educational institution and resource centre. As for the Prisoners-of-War (POWs) and their families, it is a site that allows for closure of the many emotional scars inflicted by the war years.
Meet at Pasir Ris MRT, outside Exit B. (MRT journey takes about 45 mins from Orchard and 35 mins from City Hall).
If you're taking a cab, alight at Pasir Ris Central, in front of White Sands Mall. You will enter the MRT Station via Exit A. Exit B is just across.
Interested to go on more fascinating tours? Check out our full schedule below!
Add to Calendar
Sat Jan 20, 2018
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM SGT
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM SGT
- Pasir Ris MRT (Outside Exit B)
Standard SOLD OUT $58.00
- Venue Address
- Pasir Ris MRT Singapore
Meet at Pasir Ris MRT, outside Exit B 15 mins before tour start time.
Want to find more groups and events like this?